|Item Number 534229140||UPC 048702006159|
|Caliber 44-40 Win||Barrel Length 24″|
|Overall Length 43″||Length of Pull 13″|
|Drop at Comb 1 3/4″||Drop at Heel 3″|
|Weight 8 lbs 0 oz||Magazine Capacity 14|
|Twist Rate 26″||Barrel Finish Polished Blued|
|Stock Finish Oil||Wood Grade Grade II/III|
|Receiver Finish Polished Blued||Chamber Finish Polished|
|Barrel Material Steel||Barrel Contour Full Octagon|
|Stock Material Black Walnut||Recoil Pad Crescent Metal|
|Pistol Grip Cap None||Checkering None|
|Sling Swivel Studs None||Receiver Material Steel|
|Trigger Finish Polished Blued||Bolt Slide Finish Polished Blued|
|Magazine Type Full-Length Tube||Trigger Material Steel|
|Trigger Guard Material Steel||Trigger Guard Engraving None|
|Drilled and Tapped for Scope No||MSRP $1,469.99|
Winchester Model 1873 Sporter Octagon
Lever-action Model 1873 rifle with grade II/III walnut pistol grip stock and octagon barrel. Blued steel crescent buttplate, receiver, forearm cap and barrel.
Like no other. Do you like the look of a pistol grip stock on a classic rifle like the ’73? Read on if you do. Because there is no doubt that there is something entirely cool about a pistol grip stock that has been combined with an octagon barrel. It has the look more of a dedicated rifleman than a working cowboy. You may love this rifle for other reasons, but the fact remains that a ’73 like this is purely a classic. But we have taken it a step beyond with a walnut stock with fine Grade II/III walnut that simply gives it the look of the special limited rifles produced by Winchester in the mid-1800’s that became the legend of stories and movies.
Timeless styling. The classic rifle-style forearm offers a timeless look and feel. It features a polished blued steel receiver, lever, crescent buttplate and forearm cap. And then the crescent buttplate is the final touch — slipping right into your shoulder for a more solid hold from any shooting position.
Set your sights. The rear tang is drilled and tapped for tang mounted rear sight (not included). Features a semi-buckhorn rear sight and a Marble’s gold bead front sight.
- GRADE II/III WALNUT PISTOL GRIP STOCK with a satin oil finish that’s velvet smooth to the touch
- CLASSIC RIFLE-STYLE FOREARM for the timeless look and feel of the original Model 1873
- COLOR CASE HARDENING on the robust steel receiver, lever, crescent buttplate and forearm cap
- protect against corrosion
- CRESCENT BUTTPLATE slips right into your shoulder for a more solid hold from any shooting position
- SEMI-BUCKHORN REAR SIGHT WITH MARBLE ARMS®
- GOLD BEAD FRONT SIGHT gets you on target quickly
- STEEL LOADING GATE for smoother loading
- RECEIVER TOP TANG is drilled and tapped for an optional tang-mounted rear sight that gives you a more precise sight picture and the timeless look and feel of shooting a long-barreled frontier rifle